Thursday, August 11, 2011

An Infrequent Intervalometer: A Journey from Film to Digital

An intervalometer is a device which counts intervals of time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intervalometer


In 1998 I travelled to Nepal and treked to Mt Everest with my brother Mark, we went there to see our youngest brother Alan and wish him good luck in his quest to climb that highest of peaks.


My quest was to take a bunch of photographic equipment, camera, film, tripod & hand held GPS to capture sequences of images down the side of a mountain and later stitch those images together into 360 degree panoramas.


This was the equipment for my 1998 trip -


    
Now in 2011 I am travelling to the USA on another intervalometers journey, here is the equipment I am carrying -


Tomorrow I'll explain the details and differences between each set of equipment.

2 comments:

MarkS said...

Digging your journey Gary and looking forward to more posts!

kylieprice said...

nice blog and as we can see the difference between our old equipments and new, so hope you get some really good stuff.